Saturday, December 27, 2014

Your Least Favorite Posts of 2014!

I came back from my mission in Jamaica on June 19 of this year, after having faithfully kept a journal throughout all 744+ days of my service. Four days after my arrival home, I started up this blog as both a replacement and a continuation of the experiences I had while on my mission.

Of course, this wasn't just to be a journal. I also wanted to use this blog as a platform to share my testimony and offer uplifting entertainment to the world, as a way to combat the less pure entertainment options out there. Therefore, I watched the views I received on this blog with great intent, hoping my voice was being heard.

Unfortunately, sometimes, I just fail to capture your attention or draw you in. I spend forty-five minutes or so describing my life in a post, and then nobody reads it. To celebrate those moments, I present to you the Top Ten Least Viewed Blog Posts of 2014, at least according to Google analysis. Here we go! CLICK ON THE TITLES TO GET LINKED TO THE POSTS!


10.) Give said the Little Ice Bucket (August 22) - Coming in with 9 views overall, I personally thought a video of me getting splashed with ice water would be a pleasant treat for my readers, but, for some reason, this post was one of the least-viewed posts this year.



9.) One Step Back, Two Steps Forward (July 9) - Also coming in with 9 views overall, I determined pictures of newspaper were only slightly more likely to bring in views than a pile of dirty laundry.


8.) Climbing the Wall (August 21) - Coming in at 8 views overall, I think this week took a hard hit in general. Maybe everyone went to Disney World without me? Anyway, I thought the photography alone on this piece - notably not taken by myself - would bring in viewers, but maybe it was the shot of my behind that drew you guys away. Who know?

7.) Family on Earth (August 18) - Even though my family is full of the most attractive jalapenos on this side of mars, only 7 people wanted to check us out, and since there's six of us, that probably means we were all just checking out ourselves. That lends the question, though: who was the seventh ogler?

6.) Merry Christmas 2014 (December 25) - All right, I can't really blame you guys for this one. Coming in at only 6 views, I imagine most of you were too busy spending time with your family and messing with your new toys to spend time checking out this post. Shoot, all it really is is a long scriptural quote of the birth of Christ, a picture of a tree, and a thank you, so you really didn't miss out on much. If you want to relive those warm fuzzies from a few days ago, though ...

5.) Beginning Again (August 19) - Again, all o' y'all really ain't that interested in still photography. Also coming in at 6 views, this post illustrated the feelings we all have when we're headed into an unfamiliar situation bound to push or stretch our limits. I thought this was one of the more universal posts I've ever written, but, it did have a pile of dirty laundry ...


4.)  Leavin' on a jet plane (August 15) - While this post is certainly about me boarding another plane away from home to head to a new one, I could have at least snapped a photo of the darned plane. But, nope; have another pile of dirty laundry.


3.) Reunion (August 17) - Again, this week just took a huge hit for some reason. I mean, who doesn't want to click on this picture of happy people uniting after years and years of solitude? Naw, it makes sense. I want to read about the 23 texts from parents, too.


2.) Landing (August 16) - This post contained the first picture that was ever taken of me at BYU upon my return home, setting off a lot of the college-esque postings about finals and all that. It also features a picture of my car! Best two dollars I ever spent!


1.) Any Sunday Snapshot (November 23 - November 30December 7 - December 14 - December 21) - For my first Throwback Thursday, I announced my intention to post advertising on my blog, and therefore cease work on Sundays. Still wanting to offer content every day of the week, I promised to prepare a spiritual inspirational message during the week to be automatically uploaded on Sunday. To make sure you don't miss these, be sure to subscribe using one of the tools on the left side of this page!

Coming up next week ...

Your Favorite Posts of 2014 and My Favorite Posts of 2014!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I missed a couple of these! Can't wait for you to post the favorites!

    ReplyDelete