Saturday, December 6, 2014

Temple Square Reminder (with Added Commentary)

Isaiah 2:2 - "And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it."

Yesterday, the ward and I piled into a series of buses and jaunted all the way from Provo up to temple square.


Given traffic, we really didn't have too much time to do anything besides walk around, eat some food, and snap this photo before heading back to the buses to eat donuts and imbibe hot chocolate. To make matters worse, I'm still recovering from an illness, and I was struggling to focus on anything in particular.

However, I loved the trip. Temple Square always has, and always will be, a sign of the Lord's people persevering through pain, struggle, and hardship to accomplish His purposes. It took those pioneers forty years to build that structure, and still, today it stands. Even on that note, Jesus Christ, through His atonement, experienced everything those pioneers suffered, along with everything I, and you, and our families, and the people we know, and the people we don't know, and everyone else and everything they suffered. 

Seeing the temple again, being reminded of those grand sacrifices, gave me the strength to push on through my illness and other trials to do whatever is needed of me. Unfortunately, with finals coming up, that means do my schoolwork, but I'm ready! Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment