Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Blessings from Heaven: Trip to Logan

Luke 2:7 - "And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and, and laid him in a manger ..."

I had the wonderful opportunity yesterday to head up to Logan and help my sister move her gear to another place.

It really was awesome. Not only was I able to severely decrease the load my sister would have had to shoulder herself, I was also able to get to know her a bit better and talk about life, the universe, and everything with her. It was unfortunate that I had work in the evening and had to leave so soon, and I'm looking forward to visiting her again later this week at the advent of the Christmas season. And, of course, an added bonus was that I also got to see my old mission friend again!


It was a day spent foolishly, at least by the world's standards. With two mandatory exams scheduled back-to-back the next morning, and me having found no time to study them beforehand, it was a day spent hurtling toward failure. But, of course, I wanted to do as Christ would. And I knew if I did, He would bless me.

Well, it is true that the Lord can only bless you with as much effort as you put in. I'm pretty sure I utterly bombed my geography test, though time will tell if I was able to somehow guess correctly consistently. However, on my ASL exam, the grade for which I already got back, I ended up getting just shy of an A, actually bumping my grade up. I was met with a clarity in ASL communication that I rarely experience, and with only a few exceptions was able to understand everything that was being 'said' through sign.

That blessing, of course, could have only come through God, granted unto me because of my willingness to put my own concerns aside for someone in greater need of help than I. I don't say any of this to brag, but to encourage and exhort everyone to do the same, to seek out what Christ would do in every situation. I promise you, not only will you feel joy in so doing, but you will also be granted great blessings to aid you as well.

I love my sister. I wish I could find more ways to help her, as well as those around me. I'll just keep on praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment