Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It's a Resident Assistant White Elephant Christmas Special!

Luke 2:1 - "And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed."

What up! No colons today, suckers!

No, for reals, Christmas is coming, which means there's going to be Christmas specials all over your TV and movie theaters, Christmas decorations in every nook, cranny, and slightly cavernous nasal cavity, Christmas bunnies going door to door to beg for Christmas chocolate so they give it to their Christmas sweethearts while they eat Christmas turkey around the Christmas fireworks.

What all that means is that you are going to get a lot of sweet and probably sappy Christmassy messages pounded into your skull from any and all sources, INCLUDING ME, so today, I thought I'd give you some slack before things get for realsies and the Christmas mafia comes through your chimney.

For some reason, Christmas seems to prompt a lot of stress in people, what with travel and shopping and hearing "All I Want for Christmas is You" ten jillion times a day. In many cases, I've seen individuals totally forget that Christmas is supposed to be a happy and fun time! The horror of it all, I swear!

So, my challenge for you today is this: if you feel yourself getting stressed or frustrated this season, make sure you punctuate your huge lists of to-dos and slam down some good old fashioned fun! Just like my fellow RAs and I did last night, when we all chorused, "Forget Staff Meeting!" and ran a hilarious White Elephant instead. My kick-butt sewing kit granted me immunity in the third hour, and I had a blast throughout. I want to hear you doing the same! So go! Have fun! Right now! Seriously, why are you still reading this sentence still, are you even fluent in English? GO.

Our White Elephant, formally presented in Nostalgia-vision! Only $2.99 at any major local retailer! No, I'm not getting paid to plug someone else's product! Whatever are you talking about?
WHY UNU STILL FI READ GWAY NAH! Goodness, attention must be starving, because he's getting paid SQUAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment