Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Lights Multitude (Poem) [with Added Commentary]

1 John 2:10 - "He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him."

Some days I am wondering
What's the point to shine my light?
My glow is naught but feeble
not enough to scare the night

If only a single soul
were to espy my candle
couldn't they see brighter hues
from souls more fit to handle?

I've found it oft required
to battle hard my despair
and switch up my perspective
present with a certain flair

For boats stuck on the water
seeking for a distant shore
'tis one light they ever crave
the multitude cared not for

The light in a windowsill
alas, nowhere near as bright
as a lighthouse piercing wind,
fog and rain all through the night

So, my little angel, do
not worry about your wick
Your light can be the one to
save even a single ship

Hey there! I wrote a commentary about this post on January 21, 2016. Click here to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment