Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Hindsight: SLC Filming

Luke 2:9 - "And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid."

Last Christmas, while I was on my mission, my family made a video they sent to all our family and friends. Because I was in Jamaica, I was, unfortunately, unable to be a part of the video.

This year, as part of our jaunt to Logan, we ran down to SLC for about half an hour to film this year's Christmas video, and I was actually able to be a part of it!


Unfortunately, in a few days, we'll be splitting again. Most of us will head on up to Washington tomorrow to spend Christmas eve there, and then, about a week later, I'll be back down to Provo.

When I was younger, all I ever focused on was leaving the house and cutting my own swathe through life. My appreciation for what I had was diminished by my focus on what I didn't have. I wanted this now, I wanted that later, I wanted to be on my own. It was only when I left that I was truly able to understand what I had. Experiences like these are going to be far and in between, but while I'm here, I'm going to appreciate every second I have.

Here's to hoping you will, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment