Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My Favorite Posts of 2014! (Part 3)

You can read the other parts at these links: Your Least Favorite Posts of 2014! and Your Favorite Blog Posts of 2014 (Part 2).

Ironically, if things keep up, the 'Your Favorite' post might actually deserve to be featured on the 'Your Least Favorite' post. Who knew!

Well, either way, I'm going to self-indulge today and talk about my personal top ten favorite posts from this year. True, I may not be the best blogger in the world, but I know I can claim an award for being prolific, especially considering I haven't made a cent yet. Every day, I write posts I hope will encourage or uplift one of you readers, and some days, I discover the person I needed to uplift was myself.

I hope this selection of ten posts illustrates why I keep a blog, and more importantly, what it's grown to mean to me. Without further ado, I present my personal favorites of this year, in order of appearance.

Calling all Wordsmiths [July 22] - This post made the list because of my personal attachment to the word coined within the passage. It's a word I still use frequently, even in my writings. It meant a lot to me personally, though, because it gave me an opportunity to foster more peace and love in my very vocabulary.

Oh, deer, did I do that? [August 2] - I rather liked this post for two reasons. First, it demonstrates a serious contrast between the first world I'd been so bodily thrown into, and the calm appreciation for what I'd been missing right in front of my face. Second, whenever I see the associated picture, I recall a distinct memory in which my fuse all but wet itself, and then my current fuses also proceed to vamoose.

Journey [August 12] - I liked this post because it illustrated, in many ways, the way way I felt about my life upon my return home. I think it's also a very universal post, because I know many others have felt the same way when faced with similar thresholds in life.



SLCC: Finding a Place [September 7] - This post was special to me because it marked the day I met my favorite author, as well as helped me recognize just how blessed I am to have the circles, experiences, and opportunities I have now. Also, Gollum.


Re-Learning Yourself: Five Defining Words [September 17] - I liked this post because, one, it gave me the chance to really think about myself, how I view myself, and even how God views me, as well as give others the opportunity to do the same for themselves in an easy activity anyone can do.


Seeking Enlightenment: The Quest [October 10] - I enjoyed this post because it was one of the more active posts I ever had to write, requiring me to get up and do some research before sitting down and actually writing it. I also enjoyed seeing the spontaneity and the joy people had in sharing their words of wisdom, and hope to be able to do something like that again.

Don't Hide your Christmas light: Ward Talent Show [October 28] - This one was memorable for obvious reasons, but I also enjoyed the post because it gave me the chance, while writing it, to remind myself that no matter how small or insignificant I view my own talents, God gave them to me with thee intention to use them for the benefit of others.


Spontaneous Charity [November 6] - This post stuck out to me because of first, how far I stuck my foot in my mouth, and second, how grateful I was to see individuals to willing to give and to love with little to no thought.


Under the Belt: NaNoWriMo 2014 [December 1] - Of course I was proud of the accomplishment, but I didn't blog about it to brag. Rather, I hoped others would be encouraged and determined to accomplish similar tasks, whether in their own fields or of a similar nature. As many of you may have noticed, light-shining is my favorite topic on here.

Falling Acoustic (VIDEO) [December 20] - As I mention in the post, I wrote this song fairly quickly, and pretty much took the video in one take once I'd sorted out my difficulties. The creative process only served to remind me just how God can take a tough time and make something beautiful, even if the song is only beautiful in my own mind.

Well, there you have it! Hope you enjoyed the three recaps. Here's to more next year! See you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment