Thursday, December 11, 2014

Throwback Thursday #4

This week's Throwback Thursday is from July 18 of this year, a post that shall forever live in infamy in, at the very least, my own mind.

I am a very big believer in producing original content, regardless of which outlet or media you choose to share by. I think it's great when people post inspirational quotes on their social medias, but too often I rarely hear what they have to say themselves. As it is, in pretty much every single low-budget production I've ever put online, everything has been completely original.

Which is why it was a little out of character for me to write the blog post 'Two Plugs,' in which I originally embedded two videos not of my own making, one from the rapper/writer Weird Al and the other from the sketch comedy TV shows Studio C. The title of the post was apt, in that I was literally 'plugging' two other individual's original content.

As time went on, however, the fact that the sanctity of my blog's original content was infected with content from other sources began to bother me. It's hard to explain that particular neurosis of mine, but there is was, all the same. In a rare move, probably about a month after I'd originally posted it, I went back and removed the embedded videos, replacing them with links to the content. From then on, I have never posted a single thing that was not, in some way, my own material.

As it is, I have no pictures to share from that post. So, instead, have a picture of some sleepy kitties.

Click here to visit Two Plugs!




No comments:

Post a Comment