Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Best First: Finals Looming

Joshua 24:15 - "... we will serve the Lord."

I have been really busy pretty much ever since Thanksgiving break ended. With both finals and the end of the semester coming up, I've been tossed about by every whim and fancy, including my schoolwork and my straight-up work. One of the edges to the double-edged sword of being an RA is that the workload only seems to rise the closer finals approach, a time you'd usually want as much for yourself as possible.

Evidences of my busyness include the fact that I haven't worked on any of my novels in three days, and I'm frankly looking at a fourth today. Though I've tackled some five or six papers over the past couple of weeks, I still have a few more to go, and classes end in only two and a half days. As I write this, I have about ten hours of classes left, and then say hello to a week of check-outs and bubble sheets.


Thankfully, though, I'm still able to make time for the important things. Though I have heard a few of my fellow students admit to forsaking church, FHE, and other spiritually uplifting tasks in favor of homework or more studying, I have sought, prayed for, and received the time to attend these events without feeling a need to do something 'more productive for my education.' As I have done this, I've felt more calm, more confident, and more prepared for the challenges ahead. I firmly believe this is because I have made time and put the best things in life first.

I challenge all you students out there to do as my FHE dad challenged us to do last night, to read your scriptures and pray before you get to finishing assignments or studying. I promise your ability to succeed will improve dramatically.

Try me!

No comments:

Post a Comment