Monday, December 22, 2014

Choices: Family Time Commences

Luke 2:8 - "And there were in that same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night."

I honestly could go any direction with this blog post.

I could talk about how home is where the family is, because we never seem to vacation at any place any of us would actually call home. We're actually all just cooped up in some stranger's basement for a few days.

I could talk about how awesome it is to be with family. After all, my sister won't be able to spend Christmas with us, so we had a mini-Christmas right here in the basement with her. Only a family would go so far to break the very bonds of tradition for one of their own.

I could talk about how obsessive I get about things, like with our new board game Pandemic, especially considering its cooperative nature. This means a loss only serves to infuriate me more because we have no one to blame but ourselves. It's especially embarrassing when an series of inanimate objects trounces you repeatedly.


I could talk about forgiveness and love in times of trial and need.

I could talk about the importance of the sacrament and our determination to get the entire family to one together before who know when we'll be able to do that again.

I could talk about honesty and the bravery of one of our own in the face of miscommunication.

I could talk about how my point is, something about being with family teaches you a lot of things about life and yourself that you really can't learn on your own. Even when you're out of the house, families can still teach you so many things, which is probably why a lot of us go looking to form our own when its time. So, no matter the situation, no matter who or where you are, be sure to enjoy what you have as much as you can.

Love you guys! See you under the tree in just a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment