Thursday, December 4, 2014

Throwback Thursday #3 (VIDEO) [with Added Commentary]

I usually write a poem about once or twice a month and throw it up on the blog, here. Interestingly enough, even though the first few poem posts have pictures, I now generally post a poem when I either forgot or was too lazy to actually take a picture the previous day.

The first poem I wrote was actually on August 13, 2014, written during a time of personal reflection as I prepared to head on out to Utah and resume my education. I wrote this particular poem to express my frustration about a few of the conversations I'd had over my mission, in which the individuals I was conversing with refused to acknowledge the inanity behind their statements because their statements were their own. Hopefully, my thoughts and feelings are accurately displayed in the poem's text.

Of course, Throwback Thursdays don't just give me an excuse to be lazy on Thursdays. I actually made a very, very (very) low-quality video of a quick little Ukelele song I wrote using the poem from August! So watch the video, and then check the lyrics! You may notice some creative differences between my past and present selves, but we've forgiven each other at this point.



Click here to visit Location of Truth (Poem) and check out the lyrics!

Hey, you! I wrote a commentary about this post on January 28, 2016. Click here to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment