Friday, December 12, 2014

Makin' Memories: Dance PAH-TAY*

Luke 2:4 - "And Joseph also went up from Galilee ..."

Yesterday was the Helaman Halls Yuletide Gold-Tie invitational, or, as some of the RAs had taken to calling it, the 'Chicken Fried School Slide.' Other options included the Yule Tried Cow Hide, the Spool Lied Fool Cried, and the Mule Shied Wool High. Anyway, this thing was yesterday!

I had some more clear photos, but I appreciated how trippy this one is.
I went with a group of RAs on a friendly double date, and we had a serious blast. It was an interesting event in that, unlike many social events to which I pander, it really felt like people were there to just have fun. And fun was had! I saw friends among the RAs, among my residents, among other residents, classmates, and even superiors, and all of them were just enjoying the experience of kicking loose one last time before finals and break.

True, my raucous partying meant I felt so inclined to sleep until just before noon today, and some of my personal responsibilities were inadvertently shirked the day before, but, that's what I used today for!

All in all, the experience was a blast, and even looking back on some of the things I 'missed out' on, like Geography review session, I wouldn't take it back. Some things you just can't experience twice. I think there are a lot more 'once-in-a-lifetime' opportunities out there that we don't recognized just because they seem more common than not. And honestly, five years from now, I think I'll look more fondly on this party of mine instead of how many countries are within the boundaries of SWANA.

So go on out there! Make some memories this season! I'll be waiting!

The girl on your right has lights in her hair. Like, EMBEDDED in there. It was SUPES COOL
*I also claim rights on all usage of the term 'PAH-TAY,' as originally coined here.

No comments:

Post a Comment