Monday, December 8, 2014

Daily Preparation, Every Day

Doctrine and Covenants 100:6 - "For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say."

My sister, the one right behind me age-wise, came down to Provo visit me yesterday, and we had a serious blast!


As part of our time together, I made sure to give her a priesthood blessing. The final weeks of the year are going to be tough on everyone, including myself, and a blessing was just what the doctor ordered, though any patients who went to a doctor who would write such a prescription would likely be on the receiving end of some very confused looks at a pharmacy.

Regardless, I made sure to spend my little snippets of time throughout the day preparing for the experience. It helped that we wanted our mutual and long-time friend to be my counterpart, and that he was gone from Provo for a majority of the day, thus giving me a little bit of extra time.

In any circumstance, whether we're preparing for a sermon to a crowd of thousands or bearing our testimony to one friend, the Lord wants and needs us to be prepared. When we speak, He wants us to say the things He would say if He were physically in our place, not only to strengthen our audience, but also to strengthen our own testimonies.

In the end, I feel like my preparation paid off. I was able to feel the Spirit throughout the day as I turned my thoughts to Christ and His Atonement. Unfortunately, most days, I think I often distract myself throughout with things that just don't matter, especially in regards to entertainment that doesn't uplift or strengthen me, and sometimes, I wonder just how effective an instrument I will be.

My challenge, at least to myself, is to do better with that, every day, so every day, I can be ready to serve those I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment