Thursday, November 20, 2014

TT #1 & Future of the Blog

Today's Throwback Thursday post is actually from July 11 of this year. When I first started the blog, I wanted each post to be split into two parts, with a picture dividing them in between. I usually talked about one of my recent mistakes in the first half, and then talked about one of my recent triumphs or spiritual experiences in the second half. This format is actually what gave this blog its title. What I wrote in the first half was what I wanted to Change; the second half was what I wanted to Cherish. I've abandoned that format, but I still think the title fits, especially because it's a little punny.

Click here to visit Temples and Temping!


* * *

Important Announcement

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!

You may have noticed, in the past couple of days, that advertisements have started appearing alongside my posts. I struggled with the decision to monetize Change and Cherish for some time, but eventually decided to give it a shot. I certainly don't have enough readers at this point to make a living from this, but I hope that, one day, my internet shenanigans will enable me to work full time on projects like these. This will, of course, enable me to shine my light even more brightly.

Despite the fact I'll probably be earning pennies an hour (and I only usually work on this blog for half an hour every day, anyway), I have decided that it would be best to refrain from blogging on Sunday to show proper respect for the Sabbath. As it is, my usual Sunday posts will be replaced with a feature called 'Snapshot Sundays.' During the week, I will prepare a scheduled post that will automatically upload itself to the site on the Sabbath, giving you readers another boost, but helping me refrain from working on the Lord's Day.

In addition to this, most of you come from Facebook. I will not be posting Snapshot Sunday posts on Facebook. So you don't miss them, I highly recommend you follow the blog with one of the many options found on the left hand side. Subscribe! Follow by email! Join the site! There are even options to share the posts via social media. Using these tools will help you make sure you don't miss a single update.

Finally, I just wanted to remind everyone that I am always looking for ways to improve. If there is anything you would like me to change, let me know in the comments below.

I love you guys! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment