Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Spiritual Precision: Featuring Mr. T

D&C 20:11 - "Proving to the world that the holy scriptures are true, and that God does inspire men and call them to his holy work in this age and generation, as well as in generations of old."

After selling my life blood yesterday, I went to dinner with one of my fellow sellers and RAs, and there found an opportunity to give a hapless gentleman some hardcore dating advice. Of course, I'm not sure if he took me seriously, considering how I was basically performing an awful Mr. T impersonation to drive the point home, but I was being serious, so if he reads this post, know that not only was I serious, my advice was quite sound!

And oh, goodness, was I not done with that Mr. T impersonation, oh no. After Family Home Evening, I decided to loudly announce to the entire lobby my intentions to go write in my NaNoMo Novel. One of the kids there said he wished he was creative enough to do something like that.

BANG! Mr. T back atcha! I slammed down some hardcore doctrine about how he's a son of the most creative being in the universe, and that he can do something like write a novel! After we shared a few laughs, he said he'd participate next year.

Then we posed a a team, because things just got real.
I have no idea if the dating advice I afforded my friend will ever be used, nor do I know if my other friend will actually take the NaNoMo challenge next year.  I don't know that my one-liners contained a quote worthy enough to be remembered, pondered, and acted upon in years to come. I don't know that I said anything that could be placed in a fancy font in front of a serene nature picture. However, the main point I wanted to draw from the whole experience was, simply, that I allowed myself to be put in a position to potentially help someone else, to lift a burden, to cheer a stranger. If the Lord needed those two men to be inspired in the way I felt prompted, then, perhaps, they were.

In very much the same way, not everyone the Lord sends the Gospel to accepts it, but that doesn't mean He doesn't want us to try and share it. So go for it!

What ways will you inspire someone tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment