Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Needed Message (with Added Commentary)

Judges 3:20 - "... I have a message from God unto thee ..."

I had a rough day yesterday. A number of various incidents conspired against me to bring me down a little bit, and so I found myself desiring some much-needed encouragement. Unfortunately, different incidents also conspired against me to keep me from my usual support groups, which only helped me feel more desperate and alone.

As I was walking home, moping a little bit, I was walking past one of the buildings on campus and saw this in the windows:

Sorry, I still struggle with quality photography.
I don't know who made those signs. I don't know what impressions they had before putting them up. I do know that those signs were exactly what I needed, right then. Not only was it a reminder that there's always someone looking out for me, it was a reminder that God is looking out for me, too.

And after that, I found someone to talk to about life. I read a general conference talk that helped put my own problems into perspective. I had the chance to just relax. And things were brighter. Much, much brighter.

What small and simple ways will you uplift your fellow siblings of God over these Holidays?

I wrote a commentary about this post on December 17, 2015. Click here to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment