Thursday, December 17, 2015

Throwback Thursday #52 - Needed Message

Today's features post comes to us from November 26 of last year. Click here to give it a read!

Commentary

I observe so many people in the media and in my every day life act so cruel to one another. I feel like I'm struggling to have faith in kindness.

Many people's response to this struggle seems to revolve around giving up or becoming cruel themselves. If the world isn't going to make any effort to be kind, then I won't, either.

The thing is, humans are inherently negative people. If we see a few isolated acts of cruelty, we assume the entire world is secretly cruel. The media exploits these feelings and generally only reports on the bad things that happen in the world.

But people really are kind, even if their kindness is sometimes hard to see.

In November last year, I saw someone go out of their way to cheer passers-by up. And I appreciate them for that.

Go on! Read all about it at this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment