Friday, December 4, 2015

Daily Adventure: Red Rock Canyon Hike

Micah 7:12 - "In that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria, and from the fortified cities, and from the fortress even to the river, and from sea to sea, and from mountain to mountain."

So after my friends and I chilled in the sun, we finally roused ourselves to go on a hike up red rock canyon.

The red rock part of the canyon.

The triumph and the moon.

Thankfully, only three rescue crews were required to get them out of there.

The canyon prepares to sleep as the sun turns out the lights.

Only four rescue crews were required to get them out of that one.
We didn't have cell phone service. We took a route up a cliff that was less difficult going up than would have been going down. We wandered around for a bit, trying to find sea level without dying. We laughed and ate a picnic lunch and just enjoyed being out in the rough.

I want to do stuff like that more often. I want to feel closer to my roots. I want to dig my fingers, toes, and soul into nature and breathe it in. I want to leave technology behind and find peace in the beauty God created for us.

I'm so grateful when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment