Thursday, December 31, 2015

Your Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts of 2015!

If you want a preview of tomorrow's post, go on and click this link. 

For now, let's jump right into the Top Ten Most-Viewed Posts of 2015!


10.) Releasing Stress: Wal-Mart Run - January 10. 100 views.

Considering the primary post's topic, I think my largest demographic of readers - college students - were drawn in. After that, this post was shared several times by people who liked our videos portraying our candid conversations in the toy aisle at Wal-Mart. Either way, this post came in at #10.


9.) Spotlight Review: Zen Pencils - November 9. 103 views.

I believe the success of this post is attributed to the kindness of Gavin Aung Than. After I wrote this post, I tweeted at him just so he could know someone was appreciating his work. After all, being a creator myself, I love it when I learn my creation has positively affected someone else. To my surprise, Than retweeted my post, and I think many of his fans came to see my Top 15 picks. Either way, this post firmly belongs in the #9 spot.


8.) Intense Belated Frozen Movie Review - September 9. 106 views.

I saw Frozen nearly two years after it had been released, but I'd already nearly grown tired of it. I know I'm supposed to Let it Go! THANK YOU! Luckily, I took a chance and watched the movie all the way through, and ended up liking it a lot. And, of course, because the movie's so popular, everyone wanted to read what I had to say. Thus, this post ended up in spot #8.


7.) Thinkjoust Tuesday #15 - Can Girls Initiate Romantic Relationships? - September 1. 115 views.

This post is notable for being the only feature on the Top 10 list. Even thought Thinkjousts don't engage readers as much as I'd like (at least until 2016. I hope), my two dating Thinkjousts ended up prompting a lot of discussion and debate. The sequel to this post just barely missed hitting the Top 10 itself, and it makes me want to do more dating Thinkjousts as it is. Either way, here's to #7.


6.) Commitment: My Sister's Wedding - June 5. 123 views.

This post was the most popular post for a very long time. Everyone flocked to see my sister's happiness and joy radiate off my page, and so I was able to steal my sister's success to ride a wave of my own. Sorry, sis! Either way, this post deserved to be in the Top Ten, but it didn't take long before some other posts pushed it out of the top three.


5.) Love: Supreme Court Ruling - June 29. 180 views.

This may have been my most controversial post ever. In the post, I discussed how everyone has a right to decide for themselves what makes them happy. I defended and acclaimed agency. This post never reached higher than the #2 spot, but either way, it's still one of my favorites to date.


4.) Anniversary Special Recap Slideshow - June 23. 207 views.

This is THE most advertised blog post I've ever written. I went through on Facebook and tagged basically anyone and everyone who'd ever appeared on my blog, with the challenge that they comment with the timestamps of their appearances. Unfortunately, I soon learned the slideshow went by too fast for people, and very few people could accurately find themselves among the constantly shifting pictures. Regardless, this post was #1 for a few months, until September 7 had other plans.


3.) Spotlight Review: The Cultural Hall - October 5. 210 views.

Again, I accredit this post's success to the kindness of the person I spotlit. The Cultural Hall is, by far, one of the coolest internet things I've ever seen, and the fact that they first featured my tweet on their website, and then retweeted my review of them, made my day. Many of the fans on the back row came out in force to read what I'd written, and I was touched by the interest and enthusiasm. Maybe some of you are here now because of The Cultural Hall. If so, welcome again!


2.) What I Think About Tattoos - September 7. 465 views.

This post's popularity absolutely shocked me. I wrote this post on Labor Day, having spent most of the morning and afternoon far away from any computers or internet. By the time I finally finished writing the thing, it was nearly five o'clock. I doubted anyone would see or even read the post, given the lateness of the hour and the ongoing holiday.

Within the hour, I had over a hundred views. Before I went to bed, this post had reached #1 status. And still, the view count continued to climb, more than doubling the count of any other post I'd ever written. And still, people tell me they appreciated my thoughts. I thought, for a while, that this post was going to remain at the #1 spot for the rest of eternity. But then, I was surprised another morning.


1.) Children from a Same-Sex Marriage - November 6. 530 views.

I actually wrote a different post on the morning of November 6. I even published it. Then, I went to the social media sites to begin advertising the new post.

To my surprise, the trends were ablaze about the LDS church's decision to refuse children from a same-sex marriage baptism. Even my non-Mormon friends were getting in on the debates. Being ignorant of the controversy, I read up on it, and then decided the post I'd written for that day was irrelevant. I unpublished the post (where at least two readers had stumbled upon it regardless) and rescheduled it for the following Monday.

Then, I wrote this post.

I expected to receive a lot of views, but I didn't expect it to beat out the post on tattoos. Either way, this post was the most-viewed of 2015, and really, the most-viewed ever.

Thank You

As the year crawls into its coffin, I wanted to point out that this list not only represents the Top 10 posts of 2015, but also the Top 10 posts EVER. This year has been good for the growth of Change and Cherish, and I can't wait to see what comes next year.

I'll see you tomorrow for my big announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment