Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Anniversary Special: Recap Slide Show Love Letter Extravaganza


Well, well, well, look at this cocky guy! About what does he feel so sly?

One year ago today, I was four days home following my two year mission to Jamaica. That day was the day I first registered this blog and typed up the very first post, The Day Dawn is Breaking. It featured my thoughts on the various denominations around the world, on nature, and, of course, when I interrupted a family reverently trying to scatter ashes.

Many of you have stuck with me since that time. For that, I wanted to say, "Thanks." In order to properly express my emotions about this accomplishment, I wrote you all a song.


Thank you. Thank you for giving me a reason to self-reflect, to become a better person, to share my thoughts and feelings with you. Thank you for helping me shine my light and recognize that I am not alone. Thank you for forgiving me when my words can't fully express how I feel.

Thanks.

And for those of you who want those lyrics ...

I remember the first day you met me
My admiration grew so naturally
I wanted to pass on what you gave me
So I started to shine like a bright beam
Some saw it, others laughed
Some proclaimed it would never last
But as you cheered, my strength amassed
And now a whole year has come and passed

(Chorus)
Not a winner a beginner cuz I finish strong
Tryna be your inner pinner every day long
Internalize and organize the words I cannot verbalize
know why I’m gonna fly instead of cry and die
Vocabulary, allegory, beakers in my laboratory
tools rule fools who don’t see I’m a school
potion of emotion for my fans with the devotion
not estrange and perish, you gotta change and cherish   

From chariots to spicy shakes
You’ve stuck with me from the beginning
And though this is not the end
It is a type of ending                      
Cuz with one notch under my belt
I’ll continue to shout just what I’ve felt
Every single day that I’m living here
Upon this earth that I hold dear

(Chorus)

Remember nostalgia, and what it brought
For every Thursday was my vicious plot
The loving debates consensus wrought
When Tuesdays ushered in free thought
When new ads prompt to post a picture
Sunday snaps became a fixture
Bringing you in was quite a kicker
With funny videos mixed up with scripture

(Chorus)

But this journey is easy with you all here
With you by my side, I do not fear
For without you, I would not be
The person that I have become to be
So here’s my thanks from the bottom of my heart
Good-bye until tomorrow
Cuz each day isn’t done until we’re back in bed
And back to the chorus that you have led

(Final Chorus)
Not a winner a beginner cuz you finish strong
You are my inner pinner every day long
Internalize and organize the words you cannot verbalize
know why you’re gonna fly instead of cry and die
Vocabulary, allegory, beakers in your laboratory
tools rule fools when you saw I’m a school    
*breathe* potion of emotion for each of us with devotion
not estrange and perish, we gotta change and cherish 

2 comments: