Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Thinkjoust Tuesday: Headphones vs. Earbuds

Isaiah 1:18 - "Come now, and let us reason together ..."

Welcome, welcome, my lovely readers! Today's thinkjoust has nothing to do with what you read, but with what you listen!


Honestly, for me, this could go either way. I absolutely love the sound quality you can find with headphones, as well as their greater durability. However, headphones are bulky and frankly inconvenient at the best of times, while unprofessional at the worst. Earbuds may not have as good sound quality, but they're just so inconspicuous and convenient, you know?

Of course, convenience has its downside. Over ten pairs of earbuds have met their respective demises while in my possession over the last year.

How, you ask?

Well, I've sat on pairs, stepped on pairs, gotten pairs caught in metal chair legs, crushed pairs, lost pairs, snapped pairs ... honestly, you'd think pockets would be far safer a place to store things. I actually sent an angry letter to my jeans company about this problem, but they informed me that lining pockets with titanium is neither comfortable, marketable, or even plausible. Ah, well.

But what do you think? Are there pros and cons to both I haven't considered?

Begin the thinkjoust in the comments below, or check out the poll in the right hand column, just below the advertisement!

EDIT: The poll will be up until the next Tuesday at midnight.

3 comments:

  1. Well You forget some important facts about each device earbuds although small have a much louder range only because it is place directly in the inner ear which over time can cause partial deafness while headphones are safely covering the outer part of the ear which I think is much safer for the ear drum in my opinion .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Headphones are better if you want to keep your hearing but earbuds are cheaper . But funny enough you can get a burger for 5 dollars but salads are ten dollars . The analogy is things that are bad for you are always cheaper than things that keep you health .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those new colors on your blog not appealing to the eyes. Green was more subtle and more appealing . Don't mind me just did art in college for one semester. Soft colors usually attract persons interest while hard colors gives a feeling of danger and anger . But awesome post though .

    ReplyDelete