Thursday, June 18, 2015

Throwback Thursday #27 - Perspective Poem

Today's throwback comes from October 3rd of last year.

It might actually be a good idea to start at the post, then read on. Click here to read Perspective (Poem)!

I debated about using this poem as a throwback until I took another look at it. This may sound arrogant of me to say, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well-crafted the piece was.

At first glance, I couldn't believe how arrogant I'd been to pen the poem in the first place. I was under the initial impression that the last four stanzas were written from my perspective. Who am I to say my blog offers God's children safe haven? Who am I to call my readers 'my children?' Then, I recognized my error.

Not the last, but the first four stanzas are written from my perspective. The last four stanzas act as the response to my wandering thoughts at the beginning.

Each animal or vehicle or plant or structure has the opportunity to refute my questioning the purpose of their existence. Notably, they respond in the order reverse that which I first addressed. The subtle comparison between mankind's feelings of inadequacy fall into play as well.

All in all, I'm rather proud I wrote the thing, even though I barely remember so doing. How about you? Have you accomplished something grand, and then forgot about it? Take some time to remember! Then, if you feel comfortable sharing, be sure to post in the comments below! Love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment