Friday, June 19, 2015

Friend at Midnight: A Modern-Day Take


I had my day off this past Wednesday, and so traveled up to visit my sisters and Brother-in-law for a day or so. Ain't we adorable?


Even though my original plan was to drive home in the evening, it was eventually decided that I should get some sleep on the couch, instead. Unfortunately, this proved a tactical error in regards to 'getting some sleep,' namely because of the fuzzball featured in the photograph.

The cat, named Professor Lupin, was originally stuffed into my littlest sister's bedroom. However, at about 2 o'clock in the morning, I was abruptly awakened by a cold cat nose shoved up against mine. Seeing as how I live completely alone and am entirely unused to any form of stimuli during my slumber, my whole body jolted upward with a spastic, wild frenzy of panic and alarm. The Professor responded by darting across the room, jumping on the windowsill, and pretending like it had just been watching the grass outside.

Thus began our game. I would go to sleep. The Professor would rudely awaken me. I would flail around. The Professor would feign ignorance to my dismay.

Finally, I'd had enough. Grabbing Lupin before he could bolt, I carried him back to my sister's bedroom and bodily threw him in before closing the door. There. Sighing with relief, I closed my eyes.

About 4 o'clock am, a cold cat nose shoved up against mine.

"THOU FAWNING HEDGE-BORN GIGLET!" 

I'm sure the cat wanted something from me, but I still haven't the faintest clue what. It makes me grateful that, when we poke at God, he always know what we're truly asking.

Dat parable link at the top, though.

Don't forget to check out the poll for last Tuesday's Thinkjoust! It's located on the right, just below the ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment