Monday, June 8, 2015

Time: Mountain Trail


You can't escape sometimes. The world grinds away, turning, spinning, pushing. You work, you play, you visit, you sleep, you wake, you begin anew. No time to break, no time to think, just time to do, do, do.

I made time to break yesterday.


I packed little for my trip. My wallet and keys. My phone, notably containing my scriptures. Some notes outlining the many personal goals I've set for myself. Once I had all I needed, I ascended a mountain, following a trail about halfway before finding a rock and sitting myself on it.

The view stretched on.


I sat up on that mountain and thought. I prayed a little. I thought some more. I gave myself time to make sure I was who I wanted to be, or at least heading on that path.

The phone buzzed when I was nearly finished. It was time for me to head back.

This time, I went back with a grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment