Friday, June 5, 2015

Commitment: My Sister's Wedding


I think there is something beautiful about two people committing to each other.

The world often tries to trick us into thinking that commitments are bad or scary or worthless, judging from the amount of media that spins around the intertubes and telenets. One night stands and cohabitation are presented as an optimal lifestyle, as the greatest path to joy.

Now, having never experienced either marriage or a one-night stand, I couldn't tell you how happy either would make me. I'm sure there are individuals who exercise their agency and find comfort in either activity. However, from a strictly objective stand point, even in only merely watching a couple agree to put each other first for at least the rest of their lives? That is simply wonderful.


My sister and her ex-fiance (technically true!) are now married. I spent the entirety of the day yesterday doing all I could to help and ease any of the planners' or participants' stress levels. I smiled as the two were officially united together.


I don't know yet when I will have the same opportunity, but I'm willing to be patient as long as possible. Anything that looks that good is worth waiting for.

And no, I'm not just talking about the cake. ;)

Love you guys! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment