Saturday, June 27, 2015

Patience: On-Call


A few days ago, I was rudely awakened by the sound of a cell phone going off. At first, I was convinced it wasn't mine. Then, I realized it was my work phone, and therefore technically mine in regards to present responsibilities.. 


I blearily answered the offending screecher. "'ullo?"

I was informed that a youthful pickney had locked themselves out of their building and their room. This required me to call up my coworker so the two of us could assist the young man without breaking any laws pertaining to being alone with a minor.

So, the two of us tramped up to the building, yawning vigorously. Upon arriving at the building, we discovered the participant wasn't to be found. Further inspection indicated the building had unlocked automatically, as it was programmed to do. Upon trooping up to the participant's room, we discovered his roommate had let him in.

Sighing, we two coworkers went straight back to bed.

Obviously, given the title of this post, I feel as though if the participant had just been a little more patient, then his problems would not have affected at least three other people, namely, the desk attendant and us door openers. If' he'd just waited before calling, less would have been burdened.

However, I think I'm much like that as well. I want what I want now. I desire things immediately. Notably, being a currently unpublished author brings me great frustration. However, if I want to be like my Heavenly Father, I need to exercise more patience. After all, think of all the people who He waits on to change and grow and become strong individuals. Look at Saul/Paul!

2 comments:

  1. Well written and thought out my friend. You are becoming a better person each day. :o)

    ReplyDelete