Saturday, January 10, 2015

Releasing Stress: Wal-Mart Run-Through (3 Videos)

Dealing with Stress and Discouragement - Ensign, February 1990

So, last night, me and two of my bros went out on the town to just look for something to do. With no plans or aspirations, we eventually decided to go wander around the local Wal-Mart for a few hours. Upon happening upon the toy section, we discovered some ridiculous things never available to us in our childhoods. Sorry for the poor quality, but here's the series we 'filmed' ...

Part 1 of 3: The Hulk Toy

Part 2 of  3: Artillery for Children

Part 3 of 3: New Pets

The bicycle helmets of the future. Too bad my mission president never let me wear something like these.
We didn't really spend any money, but we had a blast regardless. The stresses and impact of the previous week were forgotten in our reverie, and I can't say any of us regretted the so-called 'waste of time.'

I, of course, needed to wake up at 7:00am this morning, but our machinations lasted so late, I ended up sleeping in until 9:00am. The thing was, I didn't mind. Sure, I have a lot of homework and other stuff to take care of today and Monday, now, but I would never say that what we did last night wasn't just as important in maintaining my health and good will. That, of course, is enough for me.

What fun activities do you like to do to relieve stress? Be sure to comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Singing my versions of popular songs that usually relieves my stress

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to go to a playground and swing!

    ReplyDelete