Saturday, January 3, 2015

From Palms to Snow: You Do More Than You Know

You Never Know (Video)

Yesterday, I had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with a member calling to my time in Jamaica, which unfortunately concluded some six months ago.


The member and I didn't do too much in the way of activities, just taking time out yesterday to explore a nearby mall and catch up on life. We talked about everything from her first introduction to snow, to what she's been up to in the past couple of months, to the members and investigators from her branch and how they've been doing. Our conversation was accompanied by our wanderings through the mall, including stops at a Japanese restaurant, a toy store, and several clothing stores.

On the way back home, my friend reminded me of an experience she'd shared with my companion and I while I was still serving in her branch. The experience had touched her deeply, affecting many aspects of her life in positive ways, and she made sure to thank me for what I'd done on that day way back when.

When I look back on my life, including my mission, I wonder just how much I've actually done in helping and serving others. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way at times. Yesterday, driving home, I was eternally grateful for the rare opportunity to recognize that my labors and hopes had not gone to waste.

I find it unfortunate I don't know all or many of you personally or even very well. I can't personally contact each of you and tell you of a time you changed my life for the better. But I know all I need to simply because you are reading this now. I know you are the type of person to bless and encourage and uplift those around you, and that not every time do you receive thanks for it.

Well, I thank you. It may be worth little from a stranger or even from me personallly, but thanks.

2 comments: