Saturday, January 17, 2015

All He's Given: Chuck-O-Rama

Ecclesiastes 5:9 - "Moreover the profit of the earth is for all ..."

My best mate and I were out on the town, buying a electronic keyboard so poor in quality I'm going to return it sometime this weekend, and we decided we wanted to go eat somewhere before heading back home to indulge in our various interests. After some debate and hesitation, we agreed to go visit the Chuck-O-Rama buffet.

Well, we were less than impressed. We'd been expecting something similar to Golden Corral, featuring a wide variety of low-quality food rather than a few spotted tables of low-quality food. What made matters worse was that the food was even less quality than we'd expected; shoot, even the ice cream had much to be desired. And, of course, the price was far greater than anything we'd come to expect from other buffets.


In the end, though, I couldn't help but enjoy the experience, namely because I knew that my curiosity about Chuck-O-Rama would never be fully sated until I'd actually experienced the real deal. Of course, what with all the food options we chose from, our final decision reminded me of everything I haven't seen or experienced on this planet, even right here in my home town.

Of course, I was only choosing between a few human-made restaurants. The world is much wider, especially when you consider all that God has made with his hands.

What are you going to explore next?

No comments:

Post a Comment