Thursday, January 1, 2015

FAILED: Book of Mormon Challenge

Mosiah 4:19 - "For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?"

I often write about my triumphs, long-fought and well-earned, on this here blog of mine.

Of course, that isn't to say I don't experience my own fair share of failures.


Unfortunately, despite my enthusiasm and determination at the beginning of the month, I did not finish reading the Book of Mormon all the way through, reaching to the section you see above. The thing is, that's OK! 

It is true that, if we found success in every endeavor we took, we would fail to appreciate them. On the flipside, when we fail, we can avoid discouragement and choose to instead be encouraged to try even harder the next time. I, too, will take this defeat as it is, continuing my own studies throughout. Now, though, I have that goal: once I finish this read through, I will try again.

And right back atcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment