Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pay it Foward: Familial Visit

Luke 20:36 - "... and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."

Certain of my family came to visit me on Wednesday. Their specific visit with me contained no express purpose or goal beyond simply catching up and granting us all the opportunity to enjoy each others' presence.

Sitting among these choice sons and daughters of God, with whom I was lucky enough to be familied with, I thought about the love each of them had for me. Seriously, coming to visit me was out of their way, added an extra layer of stress to their overall trip, and still they did it. I didn't even have to ask; they came. I certainly didn't feel like I deserved the attention, but I earned it regardless.


The opportunity gave me chance to reflect on how many different times others have done similar for me, expressing love in little ways that mean so much in retrospect. I was reminded of God and the ways He helps me, even when I'm doing the best job I can in serving and worshiping Him. His unconditional love is undeserved for my behalf, and yet, still, He continues to aid and guide me.

Of course, anyone we meet or pass is still one of our spirit family members, regardless if they're strangers or not. So often I pass people destitute, in mourning, or otherwise afflicted, and pass them by with nary a nod. In pondering God's relationship to me, and how much He's willing to give despite all, encourages me to do better.

How have you helped one of your spirit siblings? Be sure to report in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment