Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Spontaneity: Burrito Failure

Romans 5:4 - "And patience, experience; and experience, hope."

Last night, I trooped over to a friend's residence with the intention of returning something that belonged to her and asking a question.

I ended up hanging out with her and her friend for nearly four hours.

The only thing I really had to do for the rest of the day was finish my script for a sketch writing contest, so we ended up talking and chatting about life, the universe, and everything before we concluded with a final edit and send-off of my script.

We also found jackets in horrible taste and promptly wore them. #TopSelfie2015
At some point, it was decided that we needed to go to a Mexican restaurant, but my friend decided to opt out at the last second. So, my new friend and I took to the streets and crashed the restaurant with an elated fury. I, of course, ordered a massive shrimp burrito and promptly lost the ability to hold it all together, prompting much mockery from my friend.

I had to eat it with a fork. Shameful.
The conversation, of course, continued for some time, until finally we decided it was time to head on home. Upon being dropped off, I headed up to my room and worked over my journal until I'd caught up with my daily goal, finally hitting the sack just after 4:00 in the morning. (My first class on Tuesdays doesn't start until 2:00, so no worries.)

It would have been so easy for me to deny the social opportunity, along with its inherent friendship construction and associated memories, given what I wanted to accomplish for that day. But I didn't. And I really don't regret it. 

My challenge to all of you is to do the same this week, if you can, to drop your plans and just go out and do something fun with someone. And then, once you've accomplished that, be sure to comment below!

And then I couldn't even finish it. GAH

No comments:

Post a Comment