Friday, January 16, 2015

Even More Light: Karaoke Night (VIDEO)

Psalms 98:4 - "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord ..."*

This last Wednesday night, the dorms hosted an area-wide karaoke night. I, of course, was all about it, and hogged the mic more than I probably should have.


It was a really cool experience, seeing the different ways people let their talents shine. Some sang like opera stars, while others were probably better at dancing. Some weren't that great on either front, but at least demonstrated a courage in front of a crowd, anyway, a courage in and of itself. I at least demonstrated the last one.


It again reminded me that we all have something to share. If each of us were made in the image of God, then any talent we have must also, at least in part, be in His likeness. And if that's true, then that means each of us have the potential and capacity to be just as skilled at anything as anyone else.


Even so, I, too, enjoyed the small role I played in encouraging a few of my fellows to get up there and rock out despite their hesitance. With that in mind, be sure to check out an amazing clip featuring me burning the mic. At least, from someone's perspective ...
 

*Notice, of course, that it said 'joyful' noise, not 'talented' noise. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment