Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pause: Poetry Contest

Psalms 119:105 - "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

One of the traditions that popped up in this here blog of mine is that, every month, I write one or two poems. I'm not much for poetry, nor am I much of a poet, but I find the practice liberating and strengthening, both in terms of my capacity to write and in terms of my closeness to God.

Recently, I received word of a poetry contest via a screenshot coming up in the next couple of days.


Since I've heard about the contest, I've prepared to use one of the days I would usually spend writing a poem for the blog writing a poem for the contest. If I fail horribly, then I'll definitely be sure to put the poem up here, so you can see what I ended up accomplishing.

Today is the day I've selected. As it is, the challenge I leave you all today is to enter the contest yourself! Even if you're a terrible poet, what could it hurt? So get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment