Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Give Yourself a Break

Genesis 1:11 - "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."

A few nights ago, I was feeling really cooped up. What with my personal project work, my schoolwork, my work work, and my not doing work, I was feeling a bit of cabin fever. The only times I'd gone outside in the recent past were to walk from one building to the other, and I needed an escape.

Unfortunately, my lap around Helaman Halls didn't really cut it for me. Knowing the holiday was coming up, I determined to do something about that.

So, yesterday, my best mate and I traveled to the nearby canyon just to escape the buzz and fervor of the world, to cut ourselves from civilization and technology and just appreciate all that God had given us. Deep into the mountains we wandered, just simply enjoying the road less traveled by.



It's all too easy to get caught up in the world. Even good things, like education, sometimes keeps us from really remembering who we are, as children of an endlessly creative God. I think there's something remarkably recharging about getting away from the confines of modern life and just breathing in everything He's created, however and wherever you can.

Of course, my challenge for you all today is to make time this week to do just that. Get out of your house. Put down the books, calculators, and Netflix subscription. Rise and be. I promise it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment