Monday, October 5, 2015

Spotlight Review: The Cultural Hall

Alma 39:1 - "And now ... have ye not observed the steadiness of thy brother, his faithfulness, and his diligence in keeping the commandments of God? Behold, has he not set a good example for thee?"

I don't exactly know why I have readers. Sure, obviously some of you are my family, and some of you are my friends, and you read the blog out of a moral obligation to support me in my endeavors. For that, I feel nothing but gratitude. Thanks, guys!

For others of you, I imagine you read Change and Cherish Blog to have a source of clean, consistent, uplifting entertainment. After all, I update every day. I write messages about shining your light, expressing gratitude for the little things, being open-minded in the face of differing opinions, and squeezing the joy out of every moment. I think those kind of things are pretty awesome.

The thing is, I'm not the only online entertainer who produces clean, uplifting content on a regular basis.

This past weekend, I involved myself in five live-tweeting sessions encompassing the events of the LDS General Conference (You can see the summaries here: Part 1 and Part 2). My twitter account received an unprecedented amount of attention, which meant some of my tweets got a couple of likes and maybe one or two retweets every so often. Either way, I was excited!

Following the sessions, I got tweeted at by @TheCulturalHall.


Wait, what?

So I looked at the article.


And there my tweet sat. #17. I'll let you check the article out at this link:



I'll admit, I was entirely ignorant of the existence of The Cultural Hall. So I gave them a look-see, and I loved what I found.

I didn't have too much of a chance to study their site, but what I found convinced me I'd found a fresh source of entertainment. I listened to their latest podcast (Articles of News/Week of September 28th), I read a couple of their blog posts, and I thought it was all awesome.

These guys are definitely the big deal, so I doubt they'll really care or notice if I send some of my traffic their way, but I recommend you check them out! If you don't want to listen to an hour long podcast (which I nonetheless recommend), read some of their posts. Click the link to their 20 Best Tweets above, or click here to check out their article about the BYU Store. It's pretty hilarious.

So, seriously. Check them out. You won't regret it, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment