Friday, October 30, 2015

Finding Peace: Early to Rise


I've been waking up really early as of late. Sometimes, I wake even before the sunrise.


I rise before most, if not all, of my roommates. I study my scriptures, I prepare for the day, and then, I leave.

The streets are quiet. The occasional car passes by. The driver and I, we nod at each other. I'm left alone to think about life, where I'm going, what I want to do. The solitude gives me perspective on things I can't achieve when I'm enjoying company. 

Later on in the day, things get hectic. I blog, I check my finances, I go to class, I go to work, I write, I do homework, I spend time with my loved ones, I run from appointment to appointment.

But lately, I've been giving myself time to pause, getting up first thing in the morning like that. It's a pause I need and relish, and even though I'm often tired at first, the rest of my day always seems more smooth and anxiety-free.

Today's challenge? Give it a try. Wake up at 5:30 AM sometime. I'll be right there with you. In my own timezone, of course, but you get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment