Monday, October 26, 2015

Higher Life: No NaNoWriMo 2015



Yep. I'm not doing National Novel Writing Month this year.

Don't get me wrong, I really wanted to. It just became a sad, unfortunate fact of my life that I don't really have time for it.

The thing is, I could make time to write 2000 words a day. I really could. I just worry about what else I'd feel like I'd have to skip out on. After all, I'm working about 20 hours a week. I'm taking 7 credit hours of in-person classes, along with a healthy amount of homework for both. I'm also taking six credit hours of online courses. Grad school applications are steadily moving up my priority list.

And I still haven't finished working with the novel I wrote for last National Novel Writing Month. I'm trying to complete the novel about jackalopes that I frequently allude to. I haven't touched my humorous mission memoir in several months. I'm writing a high school drama for one of my classes.

In addition, I'm trying to balance a lot of social commitments, and I'm even trying to get back on my dating game.

So, after much thought, I decided my life is full enough as it is. Perhaps it's too full. I rarely get the opportunity to just sit back and think about things. Adding yet another project under my belt might just be too much.

As the year comes to a close in just a few short months, I'm going to make sure I have time to relax, time to ponder, time to remember who I am and what I'm doing with life. That seems most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment