Saturday, October 31, 2015

Know Your Candidate #6 - George Pataki

Welcome to Know Your Candidates, a fresh weekly feature here on Change and Cherish Blog that gives you the chance to learn about presidential candidates you may know nothing about! The feature maintains this blog's vision of ensuring that every voice is heard and that every light has the opportunity to shine. Major news networks fail to consider these things when they insist on focusing on controversial or purely entertaining candidates.



Let's meet ... George Pataki!


George Pataki's campaign website Pataki for President (click here) is actually quite interesting. I appreciate the fact that he has published information regarding both himself and his wife. After all, I believe our First Lady* has massive influence over our nation. We don't elect one person into the presidency; we elect a family.

Anyway, his campaign website is also somewhat disappointing, considering there is no one page I can view to read up on his full platform. In order to understand where George Pataki stands on the issues from George Pataki himself, I had to scroll through a lot of different posts.

In the end, I think this article (click here) from Wednesday's GOP debate does a pretty good job summing George's stances on various issues. The article takes his best quotes regarding tax reform, party lines, America's military, Hillary Clinton**, Obamacare, vaccines and climate change, conservatism, science and innovation, blue-collar workers, Uber, and New York sports teams.

For further information regarding George, I would recommend going to OnTheIssues.org and reading his entry. Click here to check that out!

What's My Opinion?


In the end, whatever I say after this should not affect your opinion in the slightest. Make and own your opinion. Pick who is right for you.

That being said, in my book, George has a lot of good things going for him. I was really impressed by his decision to include and spotlight his wife in his campaign. I found him to be confident and self-assured. That page of quotes from the recent debate shows he has a good sense of humor. Even if he's not your choice for president, I think you'd be hard pressed to say he's not a good man. Honestly, when it comes down to it, that's who I want to vote for. Just a good person.

Anyway, what do you think? Be sure to comment below!

*I refer to a First Lady here because, if Mr. Pataki is elected, we will have yet another First Lady. That being said, when we elect a woman president, I believe her husband will be called the First Man.

**I will eventually investigate bigger-name candidates, including Clinton.

No comments:

Post a Comment