Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My Top Posts for 2015

Being an avid blogger, I wrote 365 posts this past year. Some were worse than others, as indicated by yesterday's list of the least popular posts (click here to read that), and some received relative wide-spread attention. In regards to that latter group, I will post the Top 10 Most-Viewed Blog Posts tomorrow.

Sometimes, I write a post I'm convinced will break into the Top 10. And then, it doesn't. The post might not even break the average view count (For those of you who are curious, the average view count for the blog's entire run is about 39 views a post, or 44 views a post for 2015 alone).

Today, I wanted to present a list of posts I was sure would be winners, but instead ended up somewhere in the middle of the pack. I present them from least amount of views to greatest.


10.) January 13. 24 views. Why Guilty Pleasures Don't Define

This is one of my rant posts. In it, I discuss how I am a avid geek who likes embarrassing things like MLP and D&D, but how I don't really let those things define me. I talk about how disturbed I am by people who feel incomplete without their various brands of entertainment or the company of fellow fans, and I express relief over those who define themselves by their religion. The post is pretty fiery, so if you're looking for a little bit of that in your life, some on over!


9.) May 16. 28 views. Enjoyment: Smashing an Alarm Clock (VIDEOS)

I don't know why, but this whole post just cracks me up. From the backstory behind its conception to the final smashing of that clock, I thought this post was going to be a classic. Unfortunately, apparently people just aren't impressed by the random destruction of property, or perhaps didn't realize how literal I was being. Either way, if you want to watch a funny, unscripted video, check this out!

This is the preview.
8.) October 24. 35 views. I Am A Warrior (Visual Poem)

When I just write a post, it takes me about an hour. When I try to add a visual element or produce a video, it takes me much, much longer. I think that's why so many of those types of posts are on this list. I sometimes feel the posts I put the most sweat, blood, and tears into are under appreciated. I wrote this poem when I was feeling frustrated one day, and after being inspired by Zen Pencils, decided to publish it as a visual poem. I still think the final product offers both inspiration and quality, so go on and give it a read!


7.) July 15. 44 views. RECOGNIZE: YOU MAY HAVE PAREIDOLIA

I may love to wax geeky, but being an aspiring autodidact, I also like to wax nerdy once in a while. When I first learned about pareidolia, I wanted to share my thoughts with the world, and so I did. Perhaps this post isn't particularly amazing or notable, but dang it, I liked writing it. Do you know what pareidolia is? No? Well, you'd better go find out.


6.) November 4. 44 views. We turn 500! (VIDEO)

Like I commented on #8, this video may have taken me more time to produce than any other post I have ever produced. The coolest thing was, the entire thing, from script to post, was completed in less than 24 hours. Of course, I spent nearly every waking minute of those 24 hours working on this video, so see that how you will. Either way, as I commented yesterday, I don't think you guys like thank-you posts. At the same time, this funny, self-deprecating, light-hearted celebration of how far Change and Cherish has come has a special place in my heart. That's why this video is on this list.

This is the preview.
5.) December 19. 47 views. Why I Think Prejudices Exist (Visual Poem)

You would have thought I'd have learned from the first visual poem, but this piece of work didn't receive a lot of attention, either. To be fair, I had to redesign and reupload it at least once due to popular demand. Either way, I think this poem is both relevant and succinct, and I'm rather proud of it. If you'd like a visual summary of how prejudices are perpetuated, go on and check it out!


4.) May 30. 51 views. Adventure: Donut Dogs (VIDEO)

Again, this is a video that makes me laugh. Just a couple of friends, throwing hot dog condiments on donuts. Did it taste good? Well, I guess you'll have to watch the video to find out. Trust me. It's worth it.


3.) November 25. 52 views. MockingJay & Ram Trucks Crossover Commercial: A Positive Review

Ok, ok, I'll admit, I learned about this commercial way too late. If I'd made this sarcasm-laden post when the commercial first came out, it might have reached the Top 10 status. As it was, I only saw the commercial near the end of its run, after the initial controversy and outrage had died down. At the same time, I knew I was going to have fun making fun of the commercial, and so went ahead and wrote it anyway. What you should really appreciate is that I went through and took screenshots of every individual shot. Every single one! That takes some work, man.


2.) February 3. 57 views. 10 Virgins: A Modern-Day Take

This is one of those posts I dreaded to write, because I thought the humor was going to fall short in some places. I was pleasantly surprised when several people told me how funny they thought this post was. I've been immensely proud of it ever since.


1.) November 14. 69 views. What I Think About Islam

In the aftermath of the November 2015 Paris attacks, I was shocked to see an outpouring of hatred toward Islam as a religion. Having gained an appreciation for the peaceful adherents to Islam over the years, I sought to set a distinction between the conservatives and the radicals. I knew I was writing a controversy, but I put my soul into the post, and I think there are very few other posts that truly capture the spirit of Change and Cherish.

And there's my personal Top 10! Tune in tomorrow to see the official Top 10 list by pageviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment