Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Make Something Happen (with Added Commentary)

Deuteronomy 17:20 - "... to the end that he may prolong his days in his kingdom ..."

So, after the events of this post, I went online and found this offer. As I write this post, it says they cost $6.37, though I only paid $2.99. Who knows what the price will be when you click on it again, or even if the link doesn't break down the line. It probably doesn't matter; I don't think too many people binge read blogs like I do webcomics, so I don't have too much to worry about there.

Anyway, so, yesterday, I got the chopsticks in the mail. I had to go pick them up from the dorm administration building, which, incidentally, is where I attend my RA class, and, incidentally, holds the giant cafeteria all we RAs eat at following class.

So, straight from class, I ripped open the package and took the chopsticks with me, eagerly digging in. Sure, I struggled with the beans, but all in all, it was another fun experience that made the art of eating all that more interesting.

Straight from Hong Kong, $2.99, free shipping! Someone also pointed out there is both Chinese and Korean writing on the packaging as well. Cheap foreign products FTW!

As I sat there, however, I was pondering (among a whole bunch of other things) how my possession of the chopsticks came to be. I had an experience, an idea, I decided to make it happen, and then I made it happen. There are so many times in my life, however, when I've had an idea, and I let it lie on the side of the road. Ideas for books and videos and songs and illustrations come to and go from me all the time, it's difficult to keep track of them all. Unfortunately, sometimes, I choose not to.

I'm sure many of you have had similar experiences, where you think to yourself, Man, what a great idea. I should patent that. Lo and behold, you don't, and then, like, four months later, some guy is getting rich off the idea you had.

As it is, I invite you all today to make sure an idea you have comes to fruition, even if it's something stupid like deciding to eat most of your meals with chopsticks. Make it happen! I know you'll be surprised by the results. And, if you don't like surprises, then I know you'll really enjoy the results. Yeah!

Have a great day, guys! The week is almost over!

I wrote a commentary about this post on December 3, 2015. Click here to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment