Friday, November 7, 2014

Passing Glory (with Added Commentary)

Ezekiel 3:23 - "Then I arose, and went forth into the plain: and, behold, the glory of the Lord stood there ..."

So, I was out heading to the testing center today, thinking about it, mulling it over, convinced I was going to do poorly, determined to not let it stress me out, and I nearly missed an awesome sight. Thankfully, some wise peer, alone among many, stopped to take a picture in front of me, so in the sight's dying moments, I, too, was able to capture a picture, however crude it may have been.


It was interesting to see how very few people even glanced over at what me and my anonymous friend were admiring. Shoot, were it not for her, I would have missed it too. 

How often does that happen to us? God gives me so many little gifts every day, but I often have my head ducked and eyes down, focused more on my own insignificant thoughts and concerns than anything else. I asked how often that sort of thing happens, but I don't know that I would know, because I'm missing them all the time!

So, my challenge today is for you to keep your head up! Watch the world around you instead of passing it by. Live in the individual steps rather than in your present concerns. Smile! And I promise you you'll see something as beautiful as a mountain sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment