Sunday, November 16, 2014

God's Creations: An Elephant

Ephesians 3:9 - "And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ."

I went with a group of friends out to the nearby museum of life and sciences. As I wandered around, checking out all the dead, now-stuffed animals and reading about their amazing exploits while alive, I got to thinking.

The elephant was a really nice guy. He was willing to pose with us, and even signed a few autographs before we headed out.
So, once upon a time, a space rock was flying through space somehow, pretty amazingly quickly, and it was flying at an angle just right to enter into a trajectory orbit around some hot sun. Thankfully for this rock, it managed to begin its orbit a distance just far enough away from the sun to keep it from turning into a blistering inferno, while remaining just close enough to the sun that it wasn't a hellishly cold wasteland, either.

This remarkably coincidental set of circumstances, an extreme rarity out there in the unforgiving wasteland of space, allowed the space rock to sprout trees and stuff. Then, if that wasn't enough, the space rock produced a wide variety of creatures, all of which shared entirely different body masses and structures, and even provided evolutionary disadvantaged bipedals to become the dominate species through sheer mind power alone. Amazingly, not a single other species ever gained the spark the bidepals did.

Thankfully, these coincidences have enabled someone like me, an mere animal, to be able to reason and think and form moralities and opinions beyond mere instinctual motivation. Now that I have gained this power and ability through sheer luck alone, I find it necessary to explain my findings in this post, of which is found in my blog.

... Yeah, I don't buy that theory.

Seeing all those creatures yesterday, witnessing such a large portion of God's creations all bundled up in one little area, helped me to again recognize the eternal creativity and wisdom of our Lord. I don't believe our births, our puny little machinations on this earth, are a coincidence. I know they aren't. And I'm so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment