Friday, July 11, 2014

Temples and Temping (with Added Commentary)

D+C 88:124 - "... retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated ..."

So! My body's a temple. It may not be as pretty as some of the other temples out there, but it's a temple regardless. Last night, I did as the above verse suggests, and went to bed early. I even rose earlier than my alarm!
Of course, the only reason why I did either of those things is because I'd worn myself out staying awake too late and getting up earlier than recommended for weeks and weeks on end. I didn't just 'go to bed early.' My body decided it had had enough, and as I was typing up my journal, my system just shut down on me. I barely had time to reach a bed before I was out and gone. Notice it wasn't my bed; bro opted to avoid completely trading places and laid down on the floor downstairs. So, when I woke up, I had forgotten my prayers, I had failed to achieve everything I'd wanted to the night before, and, most importantly, my breath was awful. I think it's time to give me just a little more rest each day. Can't be hurtin' the temple, ya know.



I was working all day yesterday, and I had a blast. I got another post up on the hospital website, and another one went up this morning (though it was more of a collaborative project between me and my boss than anything else, so I'm not really sure why I'm being credited as the author, especially when you compare my first draft to the final). Either way, I had a great time, and I could tell my writing skills were improving from the beginning to the end of the day, especially with all the feedback and advice I was getting. Though most of my companions were blue-collar types on my mission, I stuck to my guns that I personally thrive in a white-collar environment (ironically, I wear a blue collar to work, as you can see), and it's proving to be true.
Talking with the various members of the team about their own life choices and how they ended up working in communications gave me a greater perspective about paths I can choose when I reach where they've already walked. I'm looking forward to those moments.

Hey there! I wrote a short commentary on this post on November 20 of 2014. Click here to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment