Monday, July 7, 2014

Shattered

Matthew 5:22 - "...whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

I made a big mistake yesterday.

My actions are not justified. But I could feel a lot worse about it. That's what worries me the most.

I think now would be appropriate to remind my readership, however small it may be, that this blog is, essentially, my journal. I may share some very personal things sometimes, some things that will hurt to share. I choose to share these things. My reasons are numerous, but the top are, one, I want to be honest with myself and face my weaknesses, and two, I want to deter others from making the same mistakes I have, especially once I know the cost.



I'm pretty bruised right now. Not physically. Emotionally, spiritually, mentally ... you've been there.

Now, there were obviously many positive notes about yesterday. To say otherwise would be entirely foolish. I had the opportunity to help bless the sacrament. I had the opportunity to receive forgiveness for my sins and weaknesses by renewing my baptismal covenant. I had the opportunity to sit in on a youth class and bear my testimony. I had the opportunity to take bro and our mutual friend out on an errand for the Lord, bonding throughout. I had the opportunity to really get some serious work done on my apparently massive journal project. Even in the storms that arise in my life, there is always something for which to be grateful. I'm even grateful for that simple fact. I'm also taking solace in the old phrase, "If your life is going really well, then either something really bad is about to happen, or you're doing something wrong." There's truth there.

No comments:

Post a Comment