Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Out of Retirement

D+C 42:6: "And ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, two by two, in my name..."


I've made it a personal goal to keep the Spirit of my two-year mission with me by going visiting with the local missionaries once or twice a week. In the two weeks I've been back from Jamaica, I haven't yet gone, so yesterday was a way for me to make up for that.
We brought bro along, and man, was that such a stellar experience! We four began our day by heading out to Five Guys, and then zig-zagged up and down and all over Washougal, searching for those who were willing to let four Mormons in out of the heat. Well, three Mormons in out of the heat; I wasn't bothered by the weather in the slightest.
I as reminded again just how blessed I really am. Some of the people we stopped by to visit are really struggling, both spiritually and temporally. I was particularly grateful that bro was with me; while I have frequented the poverty-stricken streets of a third-world country every day for the past two years, bro has rarely had the opportunity to see or visit anyone below his own social class and standing. I could tell by watching him that he was gaining a greater appreciation for what he does have, and I hope his overarching forgetfulness regarding his personal gratitude was healed, even slightly. I know my own forgetfulness was healed.
All in all, having the opportunity to walk with God's full-time messengers again was a really cool experience, for which I was incredibly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment