Saturday, July 5, 2014

Explosion Day (with Added Commentary)

D+C 101:80 - "And for this purpose have I established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I have raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood."

For some reason, I was just really hesitant to pray today. Perhaps this was an example of what Jesus described in Matthew 12:44. I cast out the Devil of Infrequent Prayers, and my prayers became sincere and heartfelt. Then, I got a little lax, and the Devil of Infrequent Prayers came back and found me empty, swept, and garnished.


I spent most of the day playing Call of Cthulhu with my new-found friends, enjoying the experience of playing Chuckie Fallon, idiotic delinquent skateboarder. Once that was concluded and everything was wrapped up, however, I knew I needed to give a little bit to God. Ascending the hill near my house, I sat on the conveniently-place park bench and snapped a few pictures of the awesome display all up and down the Columbia Gorge. Then, once I was satisfied my pictures couldn't get any worse or that the collage I planned on making couldn't be any less artistic, I pulled open my scriptures and began to read. It was a neat experience, pouring over God's word while accompanied by a cool breeze and distant explosions. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Hey there! I wrote a commentary about this post on December 18, 2014. Click here to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment