Thursday, July 24, 2014

Of further Rhyme and Reason

2 Nephi 2:26 - "... to act for themselves, and not to be acted upon ..."

I can choose, you know. I can choose to not stumble. I can choose to tremble at the appearance of weakness and mistakes. I can actively fight for Christ in my life. It's all too easy to give up, give in, and say, "I can't do it!" All it takes is a determination. Yes, sometimes, it will be harder than others. I know the power of addictions. But if we stand up, look straight, and tell ourselves and God in our minds, "Yes, I can do this, yes, this is the last time," and we stay fixed to that resolution, we will be fine. True, we may even stumble after that. But that's okay! That's why we have repentance! Never let one slip determine the next.


The gale rolls in, an angry cloud
Mimicking thunder claps inside
No rain clenching the sun in shroud
Can match my aching heart defied

Car door slams, I am getting wet
Yet no lasting harm consumes me
It's the thing I always forget
That even the tempest can free

Sky bursts, clouds part, light gleams, warmth glows
Pain bursts, fog parts, truth gleams, love glows
Remember, and you're sure to know
That you are stronger than your storm

No comments:

Post a Comment