Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Implosion (Part 2)

Matthew 15:37 - "...and they took up of the broken meat that was seven baskets full."

Continued from Precursor (Part 1)
...then I had a very strange dream.
I saw, in my mind, someone very dear to me, the same person over whom I'd had an epiphany the night before, do something very rash. I remember standing in the middle of the road right outside our house, facing east and thinking, Are you stupid? Someone will stop what you're doing for sure! It was strange, though; I wasn't worried my loved one wouldn't come back. I was very calm, and I had a distinct, deep impression that everything was going to be all right.
Well, cue the next morning, when I learned my dream had only been an image of what had really happened.


So much for going into my internship. It was an all-hands-on-deck type of day, and I stayed in my room for the most of it, working from home and getting out five or so articles, making it my most productive day in the least productive environs possible. My own feelings were described by dad as 'grim,' which was a very fair
call. However, those feelings could have been worse. They could have been a whole lot worse.
The revelation I'd received the night before, coupled with the superseding dream; everything had been timed perfectly to help me keep my cool. And things worked out, as I'd felt in my dream, all right. Sure, the house was turned upside down, we had visitors flocking in and out like a storm, but, in the end, we were still a family. We were still together. We were, at least to a point, whole. And I'm grateful that I didn't add to the fragility of the situation by overreacting to anything.
Well, I know that was frustratingly vague, but I'd rather spoil my mistakes! Again, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment