Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Moses and Dragons

Matthew 5:17 - "... I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill ..."

I have a bit of an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth mentality, which, of course, was fulfilled with the Atonement of Christ and therefore no longer a commandment, if you could have called it that in the first place. But, as it is, though my first instinct is to ensure my aggressors know exactly how I feel making them feel as I feel, I'm working on trying to be an example instead. Positive reinforcement, if you will.


As part of a stratagem to strengthen weak links and casually do something I enjoy doing while waiting for my fourth of July friends to let me know wagwan wi' dat, bro and I started playing a home-brew mash-up based on a Japanese comic, one of the few creative works we can actually relate on. The game itself wasn't as fun for me as how much bro was obviously enjoying himself. It's funny how you can make connections like that, even playing a dumb imagination game that prompts anyone watching to wonder what on earth is going on. As it is, we'll see how his dragon man gets along next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment